Curricula and assessment findings from the Project-Based Learning Partnership Program have been presented and published in many venues.
- Powers, S.E., “Editorial - Environmental Engineering Professionals Needed for Educational Outreach.” Journal of Environmental Engineering, 126(10): 891, 2000.
- Powers, S.E., and J. DeWaters, “Introducing Environmental Problem Solving as a Means of Increasing Interest in Science and Engineering.” American Chemical Society CONFCHEM conference (July 2001). Powers, S.E., “Preparing College Students to Teach an Environmental Problem Solving Curriculum to Middle School Students.” In: ASEE 2003 Annual Conference Proceedings: Staying in Tune with Engineering Education. (Nashville TN, June 2003).
- Powers, S.E., M. Graham, T. Schwob, J. DeWaters, “Diversity in K-12 Initiatives to Attract a Diverse Pool of Engineering Students.” In: Proceedings of the Frontiers in Education Conference, (Boulder CO November 5-8, 2003).
- Powers, S.E., J. Dewaters, “Creating Project-Based Experiences for University- K-12 Partnerships.” In: Proceedings of the Frontiers in Education Conference, (Savannah GA November, 2004, on CD).
- Dewaters, J., S.E. Powers. “Improving science and energy literacy through project-based K-12 outreach efforts.” In: Proceedings of the 113th Annual ASEE Conference & Exposition (Chicago IL June 2006, paper number 2006-262)
- Dewaters, J., S.E. Powers, M. Graham. “Partners in Engineering: Outreach efforts provide holistic engineering education for middle school girls.” In: Proceedings of the 113th Annual ASEE Conference & Exposition (Chicago IL June 2006, paper number 2006-1471)
- Dewaters, J., S.E. Powers. “WIP: A Pilot Study to Assess the Impact of a Special Topics Energy Module on Improving Energy Literacy of High School Youth.” In: Proceedings of the 35th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (San Diego CA, Oct 2006).
- DeWaters, J.E., S.E. Powers and M. Graham, “Developing an Energy Literacy Scale.” In: Proceedings of the 114th Annual ASEE Conference & Exposition (Honolulu HI, June, 2007, session AC 2007-1069, on CD).
- Turner, P.R., K Fowler, D Wick, M Ramsdell, G Gotham, E Glasgow and C French, “BOCES-University Partnership as a model for Educational Outreach: K-16 STEM Professional Development”, Math & Science Symposium, Knoxville TN, October 2007 (with Proceedings published on CD)
- Owens, J., J. Matthews, “CyberCivics: A Novel Approach to Reaching K-12 Students with the Social Relevance of Computer Science.” Proceedings of the 39th SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, March 2008.
- Powers, S.E., B. Brydges, P. Turner, G. Gotham, J.J. Carroll, D.G. Bohl “Successful Institutionalization of a K-12 - University STEM Partnership Program.” In: Proceedings of the 115th Annual ASEE Conference & Exposition (Pittsburgh PA, June, 2008, on CD, Session # AC 2008-1652)
- DeWaters, J., S.E. Powers, “Energy Literacy among Middle and High School Youth.” In: Proceedings of the 36th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (Saratoga Springs NY, Oct 2008, Session TA1-11)
- DeWaters, J.E., S.E. Powers, “Using a Real-world, Project-based Energy Module to Improve Energy Literacy among High School Youth.” In: Proceedings of the 116th ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, paper AC 2009-231 (Austin TX, June 2009).
- DeWaters, J.E., S.E. Powers, “SOLAR 2009: Development and use of an energy literacy survey.” In: SOLAR 2009 Conference Proceedings, 38th Annual meeting of the American Solar Energy Society (May 11-16, 2009, Buffalo, NY, paper number 0099).
- DeWaters, J.E., and S.E. Powers, “WIP: The Relationship Between Energy Education and Energy Literacy – the Potential Benefit of Reaching a High Level of Rigor and Relevance.” In: Proceedings of the 39th ASEE/IEE Frontiers in Education Conference, San Antonio, TX, (October 18-21, 2009, paper number 1112).
- Powers, S.E., J.E. DeWaters, “Energy Systems and Solutions,” (an eight-lesson, 8th grade science curriculum), TeachEngineering Digital Library, 2009. (winner of 2009 Premier Curriculum Award for K-12 Engineering)