Simran Amlani MS Data Analytics '16 Data Analyst at TransAct Title
MS in Data Analytics
The 33 credits of the MS degree program consist of five 3-credit core graduate courses, four 3-credit graduate elective courses, and one 6-credit capstone course based on a sponsored project. The program is generally three semesters for full time residential students. Online students can build part time or full time schedules that work for them. Part time students generally finish the program in about 2 years.
Demand for data science and analytics professionals in the U.S. is quickly outgrowing the supply of such talent. The number of data science and analytics job listings is expected to increase by 364,000 openings to 2,720,000 by 2020, according to a 2017 report published by IBM.
General Admission Requirements
Admission is based on your drive, academics, references, test performance and how you'll fit into the program.
An application includes
- transcripts from your undergraduate institution(s)
- GMAT/GRE scores (may not be needed for applicants with work experience, graduate degrees or other practical/applied skill sets)
- essays and letters of recommendation
- TOEFL score of 80 or above
- certificate of finance to receive an I-20