Application: All application materials, downloadable application forms (pd.) and access to online applications are available at http://www.clarkson.edu/ese/prospec_students/application.html.
- You are strongly encouraged to apply online. Access to the online application materials is available through https://www.applyweb.com/clarksng/
- For a hard copy of the application: Download the file or contact The Institute for a Sustainable Environment Graduate Office at email@example.com or Clarkson University, Box 5715, Potsdam, NY 13699.
Application Deadlines: Applicants who submit their applications by January 30th for entry the following August or applicants who submit by September 1st for entry in January will receive priority for assistantships and other financial aid.
- All applications will be reviewed up to a reasonable time prior to the beginning of classes; however, it is recommended to apply by May 1st for the fall term and October 1st for the spring term.
Application Fees: Full-time applicants from the US and Canada are required to pay a $25 application fee. There is no application fee for part-time applicants or applicants who have completed or will be completing their undergraduate degree at Clarkson University. All other applicants must pay a $35 fee. Should you qualify for an application fee waiver, you may request one online at the time of applying.
Supplemental Information: A resume and an essay or personal statement outlining your goals and objectives in graduate school and beyond are required. You may also include any other information that may help us evaluate your application.
Letters of Reference: ask three references who can evaluate your work (academically and or professionally) and overall motivation to pursue your degree. You must register your references online as a first step in the application. You must ALSO request online submission of letters from your references by visiting https://www.applyweb.com/clarksng/ and clicking on the appropriate button. From there, they will complete and send their letters and reference forms electronically (unless otherwise requested). If being requested, they can download the reference form and mail it and the letter to The Institute for a Sustainable Environment, Clarkson Univeristy, Box 5715, Potsdam, NY 13699.
Transcripts: Send official transcripts of all college coursework to The Institute for a Sustainable Environment, Clarkson University, Box 5715, Potsdam, NY 13699. Note: Only 1 copy is required.
Entrance Exams: Applicants who are not Clarkson students are required to have taken the general Graduate Record Exam
(GRE), completion of an advanced GRE test in your area is recommended (score is good for 5 years). There are no minimum required scores for the GRE report. (Clarkson’s institution code is 2084). International students should submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. The minimum permissible score is 550, Internet Based is 80, CBT – 213; IELTS-6.5. This score is good for 2 years after taking the test.
• Review Process: Your application will be reviewed when the file is complete. A complete file includes the application, resume, personal statement, three letters of reference, all college transcripts, and all required test scores. All applications are considered for all available forms of financial aid. There is no separate application for financial aid consideration. Awards will be granted based on merit.
• VERY Important Note: International students must be sure to be consistent in the manner in which they present their name on official documents. Be sure to show your name on this application in the same manner that you want it to be shown on your passport, immigration documents, transcripts and all other official documents. Family (surname) and First name are the only names listed on the I-20. There should be a clear understanding as to what are your given/first name (i.e.John), middle name (i.e. Paul) and family/surname (i.e. Smith).
Application Procedures (pdf)