There are a number or research laboratories located within the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Clarkson. These include:
- Power Quality Laboratory
- Communications, Signal Processing, and Networking (CoSiNe) Laboratory
- Advanced Visualization Laboratory
- Networked Systems and Communications Research (NETCORE) Laboratory
- Micro/Nano Device Fabrication Laboratory
- Software Engineering Research Laboratory
- Next Generation Communications and Computing Networks (NEXTCON) Laboratory
- Slip/Falls Laboratory
- Biomedical Signal Analysis Laboratory
- Computational Intelligence and Adaptive Systems Laboratory
- Microwave/Photonics Laboratory
In addition, ECE faculty and students work in the following University research Centers:
- Center for Identification Technology Research (CITeR). Clarkson University is the lead institution for this NSF-sponsored IU/CRC center directed by Dr. Stephanie Schuckers.
- Center for Rehabilitation Engineering, Science, and Technology (CREST). This multidisciplinary research center is directed by Dr. Charles Robinson.
- Center for Advanced Materials Processing (CAMP).