Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California - Irvine (2008)
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of California - Riverside (2002)
B.E. in Electrical Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China (2000)
EE461/561 Many-Core Processor Architecture and Programming Model
Processor architecture: multi/many-core multi-threading architecture
Interaction between operating system and micro-architecture
Hardware acceleration techniques and reconfigurable computing
- J. Tang, S. Liu, C. Liu, Z. Gu, and J-L. Gaudiot, “Acceleration of XML Parsing Through Prefetching”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2012
- J. Tang, P. Thanarungroj, C. Liu, S. Liu, Z. Gu, and J-L. Gaudiot, “Pinned OS/Services: A Case Study of XML Parsing on Intel SCC”, Journal of Computer Science and Technology, 2012
- C. Liu, O. Granados, R. Duarte, and J. Andrian, “Energy Efficient Architecture Using Hardware Acceleration for Software Defined Radio Components”, Journal of Information Processing Systems (JIPS), Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.133-144, 2012.
- C. Liu, R. Duarte, O. Granados, J. Tang, S. Liu and J. Andrian, “Critical Path Based Hardware Acceleration for Cryptosystems”, IJACT: International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, Vol. 4, No.1, pp.438-452, 2012.
- J. Tang, S. Liu, Z. Gu, C. Liu and Jean-Luc Gaudiot, “Prefetching in Embedded Mobile Systems Can Be Energy-Efficient”, IEEE Computer Architecture Letters, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 8-11, 2011.
- D. Kang, C. Liu, and J-L. Gaudiot, “The Impact of Speculative Execution on SMT Processors”, International Journal of Parallel Programming (IJPP), Vol. 36, No. 4, pp.361-385, 2008.