PO Box 5810
Potsdam, NY 13699-5810
Research Group Home Page
Ph.D., University of Illinois
- Colloids and interfaces
- Synthesis and characterization of soft colloids including emulsion, microemulsion, liquid crystals, and vesicles.
- Characterization of nanoparticles using various techniques such as particle sizer, zeta potential, fluorescence, and dynamic NMR.
- Novel synthesis and processing of new photoactive materials
- Characterization of photoactive materials for applications such as environmental waste treatment, self clean surfaces, and renewable energy devices
- Chemical Mechanical Planarization
- Slurry development for copper CMP, STI CMP, and computer hard drive memory disc polishing.
- Investigation of factors affecting colloidal stability such as particle-particle interactions, polymer-particle interactions, surfactant-particle interactions, and surface adsorptions and deposition of various additives in dispersions.
Fadwa Odeh, Nicole Heldt, Michele Gauger, Gregory Slack, Yuzhuo Li, “PFG-NMR Investigation of Liposome Systems Containing Hydrotrope, Journal of Dispersion Science & Technology, Volume 27, Number 5, 2006.
Yuzhuo Li and Fadwa Odeh, “Characterization of Pharmaceutical Dispersion Using Various Particle Sizing Techniques” American Pharmaceutical Review. Volume 9, Issue 3, 2006, pp 94-99.
Ying Li, Junzi Zhao, Ping Wu, Yong Lin, S.V. Babu and Yuzhuo Li, Interaction between abrasive particles and films during chemical-mechanical polishing of copper and tantalum, Thin Solid Films, Volume 497, Issues 1-2, 21 February 2006, Pages 321-328.
Y. Li, J. Keleher, T. Zhang, D. Shipp, and S. Hellring, Reactive Pads for Metal CMP, Proceedings of Twenty Second International VLSI/ULSI Multilevel Interconnection Conference, Fremont, CA. 2005, pp 245-239.
Abeer Al Bawab, Nicole Heldt, and Yuzhuo Li, “Emulsified Orange Oil in an Aqueous Vesicle Solution,” Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, Volume 26, Number 2 / 2005, Pages: 251 – 256.
F. Odeh, K. Cheemalapati, V.R. Duvvuru, D.K. Bundi, S. Dhane and Y. Li, "Chemical Analysis of Copper CMP Slurries Before and After Polishing for Defect Reduction," Proceedings of Tenth International C.M.P. for ULSI Multilevel Interconnection Conference, Fremont, CA. 2005, pp 53-57.
J. Zhao, D.K. Bundi, K. Cheemalapati, V.R. Duvvuru and Y. Li, "A Non-BTA Based Novel Post CMP Clean Solution," Proceedings of Tenth International C.M.P. for ULSI Multilevel Interconnection Conference, Fremont, CA. 2005, pp 239-243.
S.K. Govindaswamy, F. Odeh, S. Dhane and Y. Li, "Competitive Surface Adsorption of Key Chemicals on Abrasive Particles in Copper CMP Slurry," Proceedings of Tenth International C.M.P. for ULSI Multilevel Interconnection Conference, Fremont, CA. 2005, pp 292-299.
Yuzhuo Li, Atanu Roy Chowdhury, Kwok Tang, Guomin Bian, Krishnayya Cheemalapati, “Non-polymeric organic particles for chemical mechanical planarization” US Patent 7,037,351, granted on May 2, 2006. Assigned to Dynea.
Yuzhuo Li, Jason J. Keleher, Ning Gao “Photo-chemical remediation of Cu-CMP waste”, US Patent 6,916,428, granted on July 12, 2005. Assigned to Amia Corporation and Persee Chemicals, Inc.
Surface Adsorption Behaviors in CMP, Anji Microelectronics, Shanghai, China, June 5, 2006.
Colloidal Systems in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of Semiconductor Wafers, Institutes of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, June 1, 2006.
Novel Polymers for Applications in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of Semiconductor Wafers, 4th East Asia Conference on Polymers, Tianjin, China, May 29, 2006.
Jay Giblin and Yuzhuo Li, Photoelectrochemical Behavior of Ag particles on TiO2, CAMP Annual Technical Meeting, Canandaigua, NY, May 18, 2006.
Christine Nelson, Dalia Abdulla, and Yuzhuo Li, “Synthesis and Characterization of Micro-gas Bubbles for Ultrasound Imaging”, Particles 2006, Orlando, FL, May 14, 2006.
Correlation between pad design and properties and copper CMP performance, Yuzhuo L, Krishnayya Cheemalapati, Watanabe Jun, Ichiro Kodaka, Hattori Atsushi, Kobayashi Toshihiro, and Ken Hozumi, SEMICON Europa CMP Symposium, Munich, Germany, April 7, 2006.
Investigation of Edge Over Erosion During Copper CMP, SEMICON China 2006, Shanghai, China, March 23, 2006.
Investigation of Some Key Factors That Influence Step Height Reduction Efficiency and Defectivity During Metal CMP, Eleventh CMP-MIC, Fremont, CA, February 21-23, 2006.
Key Factors that Influence Step Height Reduction Efficiency and Defectivity during Metal CMP, Levitronix CMP Users Conference, Santa Clara, CA, February 16, 2006.
CMP Consumable Research at Clarkson University, Ebara, Tokyo, Japan, December 21, 2005.
Y. Li, J. Keleher, T. Zhang, D. Shipp, S. Hellring, “Reactive Pads for Metal CMP,” PAC-RIM, November 17-18, 2005, Seoul, Korea
eAbrasives for CMP Applications, Intel, San Jose, CA, 10/4/05.
Y. Li, J. Keleher, T. Zhang, S. Hellring, Reactive Pads for Metal CMP, TWENTY SECOND INTERNATIONAL VLSI/ULSI MULTILEVEL INTERCONNECTION, Fremont, California, October 3 - 6, 2005.
Y. Li, Use of Organic Abrasive Particles for Metal CMP, Intel, Hudson, MA, 9/29/05.
Y. Li, J. Keleher, T. Zhang, D. Shipp, and S. Hellring, Reactive Pads for Metal CMP, 10 th International CMP Symposium, Lake Placid, NY, 8/15/05.
Y. Li, CMP Consumable Development, Samsung Electronics, Seoul, Korea, 3/20/05.
J. Zhao, D. Bundi, H. Li, N. Wang, and Y. Li, Self-assembly of Functional Moieties onto Abrasive Particles for Copper CMP slurry Development, SEMICON China, Shanghai, China, 3/17/05.
Y. Li, Metal CMP Slurry Development- Impact of Chemical Additives, Merck Tainwain, 10/29/04.
Y. Li, Innovations in Copper CMP Slurry Development- Impact of Bulk and Surface Functionality, Hanyang University, Ansan, Korea, 10/25/04.
Y. Li, Particle Innovations in Copper CMP Slurry Development- Impact of Hydrophilicity, Hardness, and Functionality, 7 th International Conference on Solid State and Integrated Circuit Technology, Beijing, China, 10/20/04.
Y. Li, Molecular Probes for Surface Characterization, Komag Technologies, San Jose, CA, 9/27/04.
Current Graduate Students
- Craig Burkhard, Integration of in-situ metrology methods for STI and metal CMP processes
- Krishnayya Cheemalapati, Use of novel organic abrasive particles for metal CMP
- Vivek Duvvuru, Novel synthesis and characterization of multifunctional organic materials for copper barrier CMP processes
- Nicole Heldt, Phase study for the synthesis and characterization of liposomes
- Kenneth Rushing, New oxidizers for metal CMP
- Guomin Bian, Synthesis and use of novel organic abrasive particles for metal CMP
- Paul LeFevre, Design and characterization of novel devices for CMP process evaluations
- Jesse Pokrzywinski, Synthesis and characterization of Novel organic additives for metal CMP processes
- Kwo-Hung Shen, Synthesis and characterization of Novel organic additives for metal CMP processes
- Yang Xiang, Synthesis and characterization of unique organic inorganic particles for CMP processes
- Jeff Visser, CMP processes and applications
- Yongqing Lan, CMP processes and novel applications
- Joshna Chittigori, Organic synthesis of new corrosion inhibitors for metal CMP
- Changxue Wang, New CMP slurries and applications
Current Undergraduate Students
- Bennett P. Greenwood, New Copper CMP slurry development
- Christine A. Nelson, New ultrasound contrasting agent
- Deenesh Bundi, (MS 2006) Micron Technologies
- Sameer Dhane, (MS 2006) Komag
- Suresh K. Govindaswamy, (Ph.D. 2006) Micron Technologies
- Fadwa Odeh, (Ph.D. 2006)