Clarkson School Students
Welcome to The Clarkson School!
Congratulations on your acceptance into The Clarkson School Class of 2017! We are looking forward to welcoming you to campus in August. This website is designed specifically for you to provide you with helpful information about transitioning to The Clarkson School. It is your responsibility to review all of this information to ensure that you are prepared to begin your college experience. Please refer to this link for all important information pertaining to your arrival as it does differ somewhat from our entering first year Clarkson University students.
Between now and then, there are several action steps you will need to complete before classes begin:
- PeopleSoft: PeopleSoft is the administrative system that we use at Clarkson to handle a multitude of things including but not limited to class schedules, final exam schedules, financial aid and account information, roommate assignments, and your orientation forms and paperwork that need to be submitted prior to your arrival. Once you log in to your PeopleSoft account, you need to click Student Services Center where you will then see your “To Do List” on the right hand side providing a listing of all the forms that need to be completed this summer and prior to your arrival. As you complete the forms, they will disappear from your to-do list.
- Clarkson E-mail: You should start checking your Clarkson email account on a regular basis. This will be the primary way we communicate with you over the summer and throughout the academic year. You can login to your account by going to http://gmail.com and using your Clarkson User Name and Password to log in.
- Academics/Class Schedule: We will be putting your schedule together over the summer. We will build your schedule based on the information that you provide on the Clarkson School Pre-Registration Form that you complete in PeopleSoft. For more information, visit Academics.
- Orientation:All Clarkson School students are required to arrive on campus to move in between 8:00 am and 12:00 noon on Tuesday, August 23, 2016. All incoming Clarkson School students are required to participate in Clarkson School Orientation. Beginning on Tuesday, August 23, students are kept quite busy with Orientation activities to familiarize them with campus, introduce them to one another, and get excited for the academic year to come! The 2016 TCS Orientation schedule can be found here.
- Housing: The Clarkson School Housing Contract lists the rules and expectations for both residential and commuter Clarkson School students. By filling out the Clarkson School Housing Questionnaire, you agree to abide by the rules and expectations outlined in the Clarkson School Housing Contract and the Student and Parent Handbook. The Housing Questionnaire and the Housing Contract can both be found on your "To Do List" in PeopleSoft. Clarkson School student housing assignments will be made available on PeopleSoft in late July. For more information on Housing, please visit Residence Life.
- Meals: Our meal plans are designed for maximum flexibility to mirror the busy student lifestyle. While all meal plans are available, we strongly recommend the "Golden Knight" for all incoming freshmen. For more information on Meals, please visit Residence Life.
Information for Parents: The Clarkson School works in partnership with parents and families to keep communication lines open. We encourage you to participate in your student's education and help him/her make the most of the Clarkson School experience. For more information, visit Parents & Families.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or at 315-268-4425. We also encourage you to become a member of the Clarkson School Class of 2017 page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/1992309687660743 and a fan of The Clarkson School page at www.facebook.com/clarksonschool.