Diverse Student Leadership Summit
National 4H Youth Conference Center
May 21‐23, 2012
7100 Connecticut Ave.
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
The Center for Identification Technology Research (CITeR) Diverse Student Leadership Summit is a scholarship‐based program for current underrepresented college freshmen and sophomores which provides the opportunity to learn about identfication technology from distinguished college faculty and industry experts as well learn key leadership skills needed in the field.
Through this program, students will gain theoretical knowledge and practical training in Identification Technology and Leadership needed to advance and grow in fields ranging across science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
What are the benefits?
- 100% coverage of all lodging, meals, training, and trips during the program
- Round‐trip travel stipend
Who is eligible?
- Students must be underrepresented in the fields of science and engineering (i.e. students of color, women, first generation, and/or low‐income)
- Must be enrolled in a science or engineering major and in good academic standing
- Entering their sophomore or junior year in Fall 2012
Application Deadline: March 24, 2012 Notification of acceptance early April
CONTACT INFORMATION:Dr. Jennifer M. deCoste
Associate Vice President for Institutional Diversity
Dr. Stephanie Schuckers
Director, CITeR Clarkson University
This program is sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security.