240A Rowley Laboratories
Box 5710, 8 Clarkson Avenue
Potsdam, NY 13699
• Uncertainty Quantification
• Structural Dynamics
• Structural Control and Health Monitoring
• Computational Mechanics
• Ph.D., 2000, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering/Computational Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• M.S., 1994, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
• B.S. (Honors), 1993, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University, June 2014-present
• Research Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University, February-June 2014
• Visiting Scholar, Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California, 2013-2014
• Research Associate, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2013-2014
• Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2005-2013
• Research assistant professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Southern California, 2005
• Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Civil Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
• Structural Dynamics Research and Smart Systems Department, Sandia National Laboratories, 1999-2004
Selected Recent Publications
• Wojtkiewicz, S. F. and E.A. Johnson (2014). “Efficient sensitivity analysis of structures with local modifications — Part I: Time domain responses.”
ASCE J. Eng. Mech, 10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943–7889.0000768, 04014067
• Nelson, G., Rajamani, R., Gastineau, A.J., Wojtkiewicz, S.F., and A.E. Schultz (2014) "Bridge Life Extension Using Semiactive Vibration Control."
IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol.PP, no.99, pp.1,10, doi: 10.1109/TMECH.2014.2316211
• Gastineau, A.J., Wojtkiewicz, S.,F. and A.E. Schultz (2013). ”Lifetime Extension of a Realistic Model of an In-Service Bridge through a Response
Modification Approach.” ASCE J. Eng. Mech., 139(12), 1681–1687.
• Gaurav and S.F. Wojtkiewicz (2011). “Use of GPU Computing for Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Mechanics: A Case Study.”
Scientific Programming, 19(4): 99–212.
• Gaurav, Wojtkiewicz, S. F., and E.A. Johnson (2011). “Efficient uncertainty quantification of dynamical systems with local nonlinearities and uncertainties.”
Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 26(4), 561–569.