Interviewing & Networking
Whether you are confident, or not so confident, in your interview skills keep in mind the following thoughts:
- Interviews are conversations about your skills – the best answers are based upon specific examples not generalities
- You were selected for this conversation and many were not
- Speak in terms of what you accomplished – Clarkson students are great in teams but employers also want to hear what you specifically did, even within team environments (It’s about the “I” and not always the “We” in interviews)
Clarkson Interview Services:
- Mock interview – A Career Center representative or alumnus/a from Clarkson can conduct a full practice interview. Questions will be representative of what you will encounter. To arrange, please contact us.
- InterviewStream – An online service through the Career Center that allows students to tape themselves answering interview questions. Most industries and career fields are represented. Student may send their interview via a link to Career Center representatives and/or contacts of their choice (please note link is good for 60 days).