Clarkson Recruiting Policies
The Career Center at Clarkson University adheres to, and requires all employers using our services to adhere to, the NACE Principles of Professional Conduct.
Clarkson University provides career services to all students and alumni on an equal opportunity basis. We do not knowingly provide any career center services to persons, firms, agencies, or organizations that discriminate in their selection of candidates or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, or veteran status, or other prejudices.
Entrepreneurial Employment Opportunities
- Employers offering entrepreneurial opportunities must pay a base salary equal to or greater than the federal minimum wage and employ within federal, state, and local regulations.
- Employers offering entrepreneurial opportunities with compensation packages requiring “commission only” or requiring prospective employees to purchase products and/or services up front may not be permitted to interview on campus and/or attend Career Fairs. Employers in this category may post positions to the University but must indicate that the position is “commission only.”
- Employers offering multi-level entrepreneurial opportunities requiring or encouraging the recruitment of others to sell products and/or services may not be permitted to post their opportunities online, recruit on campus, and/or attend Career Fairs.
Third Party Recruiters
By using our services, third-party agencies/recruiters must meet and agree to the following terms:
- The third-party agency/recruiter does not charge the student a fee at any time for services provided.
- The third-party agency/recruiter has a specific job for which it is recruiting (i.e., it is not building a pool of applicants for future positions).
- We also ask that the agency/recruiter disclose their employer to the Career Center staff.
- Résumés received from the Career Center will be used to fill ONLY the position for which they were sent to the third-party agency/recruiter.
- Career Center staff will not pre-screen candidate resumes. All resumes received for a specific position will be forwarded. Please clearly state the specific requirements that are being sought in candidates.
- All contact with students will be handled in a professional manner, and the student's disinterest and/or refusal is final.