Clarkson University Parking Policy
- ALL vehicles must be registered with the University through the Office of Campus Safety & Security(Cheel Campus Center). Any vehicle receiving one or more parking tickets, for any violation, is subject to being ticketed and/or towed, without warning, at the owner's expense. Visitor parking "passes" may be obtained from the office for those needing to park on campus. All parking is on a first come, first served basis. All responsibility for finding a legal parking space rests with the vehicle operator. Lack of space DOES NOT justify parking illegally.
- New students and students with a change of status requesting a registration sticker (i.e. commuter, resident) must place their parking sticker on the back side of the rear view mirror.
- The Clarkson "Hill" is primarily a walking campus.
- A Resident, for the purpose of parking on campus, is defined as any non-employee residing on the hill campus.
- ALL Residential students are expected to WALK to and from class.
- All points on the hill campus are within reasonable walking distance. Residents are expected to use vehicles for travel off the campus only.
- A Commuter, for the purpose of parking on campus, is defined as any non-employee not residing on campus.
- A registered Commuter is allowed to park in Lot(s) 25, 29 & 33.
- No overnight parking is permitted in the following lots to facilitate snow removal: Lot 8, *9, 10, 11, 12, 13, *17, 20, 21, 23, 25, 29, 32 and 33.
- NO PARKING is allowed along University roadways.
- NO PARKING and/or driving is allowed on the lawns, sidewalks, or pedestrian paths.
- The campus speed limit is 15 mph; with the exception of the "Access Road" off Route 11 leading to CAMP signed 30 mph. Once you reach the CAMP lot the campus speed limit of 15 mph is in force.
- NO PARKING is allowed in Fire Lanes or Service Drives.
The drive behind Hamlin-Powers is a Fire Lane with designated parking for Handicapped Service Vehicles.
- The road between Reynolds and Brooks is a Fire Lane with designated parking for Handicapped & Service Vehicles.
- Any vehicle creating a hazard or disrupting deliveries, traffic flow, etc. is subject to being towed, without warning, at owner's expense, as is any vehicle without the appropriate University registration sticker. Should you be ticketed, fines are due within five business days at the S.A.S. Office. Appeals must be made in writing and submitted within five days. Any unpaid parking tickets are billed to the offenders account. Violators of Parking Regulations are also subject to disciplinary action.
*Indicates designated rows in Lots 9 & 17 that are signed for Employee Parking only, no parking 2 a.m. - 6 a.m. Any vehicle remaining in these areas between 2 a.m. - 6 a.m. are subject to being towed.
Parking Information and Forms
- Parking Map
- Printable Parking Brochure with Map (Adobe Document 445k)
- Vehicle Registration (online)
- Parking Ticket Appeals (online)
Need to get around but you don't have a car check out zipcar.