To reserve the Student Center forum, multipurpose rooms (MPRs), servery dining hall, or Bar 9/game room, please contact Room Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org or at x6767 (see policy below).
Student Center Usage Policy
The Student Center Committee has developed the following regulations for usage of the Student Center:
The Student Center is the hub of campus activity, and a place where students can come to spend time between classes, hold meetings and attend a variety of events including live music, stand-up comedy, and late night movie screenings. There are several lounges and spaces with comfortable chairs and tables for hanging out and relaxing. In addition, meeting rooms are available for organization meetings and other activities. Also available to students is the Forum, an innovative auditorium in the form of a stairwell equipped with a massive video wall. The space is often used for large events such as lectures, comedians, pre-released movie showings, and talent shows. This building was designed with student groups and organizations in mind, and so to uphold the integrity of this student-centered space, the Student Center Committee has developed the following policies for utilizing the building and making reservations:
- The following areas in the Student Center can be reserved: the multipurpose rooms (MPRs), the servery dining hall, the forum, Bar 9/game room, virtual game room, and two CUSA conference rooms.
- The CUSA conference rooms are reservable for student organizations and student-led meetings only.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to reserve space for meetings only from 8am-12pm when student activity in the building is lower.
- Reservations from faculty or staff later in the day will be accepted only if they are hosting events geared towards and inclusive of all students and pertaining to co-curricular student life and activities. Some examples include seminars, speakers, and career workshops.
- Classes must not be held in the Student Center.
- Organizations and groups external to the University may not reserve space in the Student Center during the weeks when classes are in session. Available dates for external organizations are listed below:
- Sunday, December 14th, 2014 through Sunday, January 4th, 2015
- Friday, March 13, 2015 through Saturday, March 21st, 2015
- Sunday, May 10th , 2015 through Wednesday, July 8, 2015
- Monday, July 13th, 2015 through Sunday, August 9th, 2015
- Wednesday, November 25th, 2015 through Sunday, November 29th, 2015
- Sunday, December 13th, 2015 through Sunday, January 3rd, 2016
- All external room reservations must be reviewed and approved by the Student Center Committee. The Committee can be reached by contacting the Director of Student Organizations and Student Center.