Don H. Rasmussen
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
PO Box 5705
Potsdam, NY 13699-5705
Ph.D., Materials Science, University of Wisconsin, 1974
B.A., Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, 1967
- Materials processing through phase transformations: Deposition, casting, and solidification of metals
- Controlled foaming of polymers
- Deposition of thin films for electronics materials
- Complete thermoanalysis lab
- M500 x-ray defraction system
- Plasma deposition and plasma etching reactor
- Mixed halide phase equilibrium
- Nucleation and crystal growth
- Plasma-enhanced deposition
- Controlled reduction of metal salts
- Solidification of superalloy powders
- Rapid solidification of metals
- CVD thin films
- Controlled nucleation of polymeric foams
- Thermal analysis
ACS, MRS, AIChE, PPS
Three, describing methods to form micron-sized spherical droplets of metals
"Alcoholic Solvent Effect on Silica Synthesis-NMR and DLS Investigation," S. Sadasivan, A.K. Dubey, Y. Li and D.H. Rasmussen, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 12, 5 (1998).
"Preparation and Characterization of Ultrafine Silica," S. Sadasivan, D.H. Rasmussen, F.P. Chen and R.K. Kannabiran, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 132, 45 (1998).
"Relationship of Phase Diagrams and Surfaces of New Phase Nucleation Rates, " M.P. Anisimov, P.K. Hopke, D.H. Rasmussen, S.D. Shandakov and V.A. Pinaev, Journal of Chemical Physics, l09, No.4, l435 (1998).
"Surface Topology of the Ion-Induced Vapor Nucleation Rate," M.P. Anisimov, P.K. Hopke, J. Terry, D.H. Rasmussen, S.D. Shandakov and V.A. Pinaev, Aerosol Science and Technology, 29, 547 (1998).
"Semiempirical Ion-Induced Vapor Nucleation Rates," M.P. Anisimov, P.K. Hopke, J. Terry, D.H. Rasmussen, S.D. Shandakov and V.A. Pinaev, J. Aerosol Sci, 29, Suppl. 1, S365 (1998).
"Development of a CD-ROM in Thin Film Technologies: Design, Usability Assessment, and Challenges," S.V. Babu, I.I. Suni and D.H. Rasmussen, Journal of Engineering Education, 583 (1998).
"Compact Fiber Optic Dynamic Light Scattering System," S. Sadasivan and D.H. Rasmussen, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 193, 145 (1997).