Victor K. LaMer Professor of Colloid & Surface Science
PO Box 5814
Potsdam, NY 13699-5814
B. Chem. Eng., University of Zagreb, Croatia
Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Dr. Habil, University of Zagreb
- Honorary Dr. Sci. National University of San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Honorary Dr. Sci. University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Honorary Dr. Sci University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Honorary Dr. Sci Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York
- Honorary Dr. Sci Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
- Honorary Dr. Sci Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Corresponding Member Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Zagreb, Croatia
- Member, World Academy of Ceramics
- Thomas Graham Award, Kolloid Gisellschaft, Germany
- Bozo Tezak Medal, Croatian Chemical Sciences, Zagreb, Croatia
- Gold Medal American Electroplates Society
- Egon Matijević, Chair in Chemistry, Clarkson University
Awards of the American Chemical Society:
- 1993 Chemistry of Colloid Materials (Iler Award)
- 1985 Langmuir Distinguished Lecturer
- 1972 Colloid and Surface Chemistry ( Kendall Award)
- Croatian Chemical Society, Zagreb, Croatia
- Kolloid Gesellschaft, Germany
- The American Ceramic Society
- Materials Research Society of Japan
Colloid stability; interactions of colloids with complex solutes; adsorption from solutions; inorganic precipitations; monodispersed inorganic and polymer colloids; particle adhesion; colloid aspects of ceramics; interfacial aspects of corrosion; aerosols; medical applications of fine particles; pigments; nanostructures, chemical mechanical polishing.
Selected Publications (from a total of 560):
E. Matijevic': Nanosize Precursors as Building Blocks for Monodispersed Colloids. Colloid Journal, 69, 29-38 (2007).
A. Zelenev and E. Matijevic': Surfactant-induced Detachment of Monodispersed Hematite Particles Adhered on Glass.
J. Colloid Interface Sci., 299, 22-27 (2006).
Z. Lu, N.P. Ryde, S.V. Babu and E. Matijevic': Particle Adhesion Studies Relevant to Chemical Mechanical Polishing.
Langmuir, 21, 9866-9872 (2005).
V.K.R. Gorantla, E. Matijevic' and S.V. Babu: Amino Acids as Complexing Agents in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of Copper.
Chem. Mater., 17, 2076-2080 (2005).
S. Škapin and E. Matijevic': Preparation and Coating of Finely Dispersed Drugs. Loratadine and Danazol.
J. Colloid Interface Sci., 272, 90-98 (2004)
S. Libert, D. Goia, and E. Matijevic': Internally Composite Uniform Colloidal Cadmium Sulfide Particles.
Langmuir, 19, 10673-10678 (2003).
I. ul Haq, I. Fraser, and E. Matijevic': Preparation and Characterization of Finely Dispersed Pigment Particles. Colloid Polym. Sci., 281, 542-549 (2003).
I. Sondi, and E. Matijevic': Homogeneous Precipitation by Enzyme Catalyzed Reactions. II. Strontium and Barium Carbonates.
Chem. Mater., 15, 1322-1326 (2003).
M. Bele, O. Siiman and E. Matijevic': Preparation and Flow Cytometry of Uniform Silica-Fluorescent Dye Microspheres.
J. Colloid Interface Sci., 254, 274-282 (2002).
E. Matijevic': A Critical Review of the Electrokinetics of Monodispersed Inorganic Colloids. In Interfacial Electrokinetics and Electrophoresis, A.V. Delgado, Ed., Marcel Dekker, NY, 2002, pp 199-218.
Selected Plenary and Keynote Lectures:
2006 13th International Conference on Surface Forces, Moscow, Russia
2005 International Symposium "Natural Sciences in Contemporary Society", Ljubljana, Slovenia
2004 ICOSECS 4 Meeting, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
2004 The 13th Ostwald Collogium, German Colloid Society, Ludwigshafen, Germany
2003 The First Symposium on Nanoparticulate Materials and Components, Ansan, Korea
2003 91st National Korean Chemical Society, Pusan, Korea
2003 11th Conference of the Internat. Assoc. of Colloid and Interface Sci, (IAC Lecture), Iguassu Falls, Brazil
2003 203rd Electrochemical Society Meeting, Paris, France
2002 55th Annual Meeting of the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Japan Chemical Society, Sendai, Japan
2001 12th Argentinian Congress of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry, San Martin de los Andes, Argentina
Students and Associates:
50 PhD Students
46 Ms Students
130 Research Associates and Visiting Scholars