Gregory A. Campbell
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
PO Box 5705
Potsdam, NY 13699-5705
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Maine, 1969
M.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Maine, 1966
- Processing thermoplastics: Injection molding, blown film, carbon fiber composites, foams
- Reaction kinetics: Polyurethanes, polyurea, epoxy, sheet molding compounds
- Two-phase flow: Filled polymers, foams, filled newtonian fluids
- Blown film process for making films with emphasis on the interaction of the process parameters and molecular properties on the stability and physical properties of the resulting products
- Injection molding analysis of the effect of process parameters, screw design, and material characteristics, on the melt temperature and physical properties of molded parts
- Microcellular foam process with emphasis on nucleation and bubble growth control
- Extruder analysis and development of predicted models for single and twin screw extruders
- Instrumented blown film line
- Instrumented 50-ton injection molding machine
- Composite compression press
Conducted Research on:
- Polyurethane foams
- Reaction injection molding
- Injection molding of thermoplastics
- Blown film of crystalline and amorphous polymers
Past Positions Include:
- Directed research group at GM Research
- Managed polymer fabrication at Mobil Chemical Research
- Seven held in polyurethane and polymer processing field
"Correlating the Plastic Strain with the Properties of the Low Density Polyethylene Blown Film," G.A. Campbell and A.K. Babel, J. Plastic Film and Sheeting, 9 (3) 246 (1993).
"On the Application of a Viscoplastic Elastic Model to Uniaxial Elongational Flow," G.A. Campbell, A.K. Babel and B. Cao, J. Plastic Film and Sheeting, 9 (3) 224 (1993).
"A Study of the Degradation of High Density Polyethylene in a Corotating Intermeshing Twin Screw Extruder," G.A. Campbell, N. Dontula and R. Connelly, Polymer Engineering and Science, 33 (5) 271 (1993).
"Analysis of an Alternative Extruder Screw Pump Design," G.A. Campbell, P.A. Sweeney and J.N. Felton, J. International Polymer Processing, VII (4) 240 (1992).
"Experimental Investigation of the Drag Flow Assumption in Extruder Analysis," G.A. Campbell, P.A. Sweeney and J.N. Felton, Polymer Engineering and Science, 32 (23) 1765 (1992).
"Two-Phase Simulation of Tubular Film Blowing of Crystalline Polymers," G.A. Campbell and B.K. Ashok, J. International Polymer Processing, VII (3) 240 (1992).
"Real Time Video Techniques in the Analysis of Blown Film Instability," G.A. Campbell, P.A. Sweeney and F.A. Feeney, J. International Polymer Processing, VII (3) 229 (1992).
"Aerodynamics in the Blown Film Process," G.A. Campbell, N.T. Obot and B. Cao, Polymer Engineering and Science, 32 (11) 751 (1992).
"Deformational and Temperature History Comparison for LLDPE and LDPE Elements in the Bubble Expansion Region of Blown Film," G.A. Campbell, J. Plastic Film and Sheeting, 2, 30 (1986).
"Deformational History of LLDPE/LDPE Blends on Blown Film Equipment," G.A. Campbell, J. Adv. Polymer Techn. (September 1985).
"Compressive Creep of Flexible Polyurethane Foam," G.A. Campbell, J. Appl. Poly. Sci. 24, 909 (1979).
"Humid AGE Compression Set in High Resilience Polyurethane Foam," G.A. Campbell, J. Cellular Plastics, 12, 222 (1976).