One-Year & Global MBA - Admission
Admission to the program is based upon the overall qualities of your application including academic performance; professional references, standardized test performance, and an overall demonstration of fit and drive for the program. The application fee to the 1-year MBA is only $25.
You may download the admission requirements on the right hand margin of this page. Minimum admission requirements for the program are:
- Submission of application form online (preferred method) or by print.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. No specific undergraduate major is required. Any degree earned internationally must be deemed equivalent to a U.S. bachelor degree.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. All transcripts must be submitted regardless of how many credits were earned.
- Submission of an official GMAT or GRE test score. (Note: This requirement may be waived for any applicant that has previously completed a Master's or Doctoral degree program).
- Resume (when using our online application tool, you will be required to submit this along with your application).
- Two Essays (when using our online application tool, you will be required to submit this along with your application) that are one page each in length, double spaced:
- Describe your career progress to date and your future short-term and long-term career goals. How do you expect an MBA from Clarkson University to help you achieve these goals and why now?
- Describe a personal characteristic or something in your background that will help the Graduate Admission Committee to get to know you better.
- OPTIONAL: If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Committee should be aware, please explain them here (i.e. gaps in work experience, academic performance, choice of references, significant strengths or weaknesses to your application, etc.).
- Three letters of recommendation.
Our prerequisites represent the foundation business coursework that we require all students to have before beginning the MBA program. They can be completed during undergraduate study, our Summer Business Concepts Program (all courses are offered on our campus at no cost), or over the summer at a different institution. The prerequisites are as follows:
Organizational Behavior/Principles of Management
Information Systems/Computer Science