B. Chem. Eng., University of Zagreb, Croatia
Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Dr.Habil., University of Zagreb
- Honorary Dr. Sci. National University of San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Honorary Dr. Sci. University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Honorary Dr. Sci University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Honorary Dr. Sci Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York
- Honorary Dr. Sci Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland,
- Honorary Dr. Sci Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Corresponding Member Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Zagreb, Croatia
- Member, World Academy of Ceramics
- Thomas Graham Award, Kolloid Gisellschaft, Germany
- Boño Teñak Medal, Croatian Chemical Sciences, Zagreb, Croatia
- Gold Medal American Electroplates Society
- Egon Matijević, Chair in Chemistry, Clarkson University
- Honorary Academic Staff Member, Canton-Potsdam Hospital
Awards of the American Chemical Society:
- 1993 Chemistry of Colloid Materials (Iler Award)
- 1985 Langmuir Distinguished Lecturer
- 1972 Colloid and Surface Chemistry (Kendall Award)
- Croatian Chemical Society, Zagreb, Croatia
- Kolloid Gesellschaft, Germany
- The American Ceramic Society
- Materials Research Society of Japan
Colloid stability; interactions of colloids with complex solutes; adsorption from solutions; inorganic precipitations; monodispersed inorganic and polymer colloids; particle adhesion; colloid aspects of ceramics; interfacial aspects of corrosion; aerosols; medical applications of fine particles; pigments; nanostructures, chemical mechanical polishing.
Selected Recent Publications (from a total of 575)
I. Sevonkaev, I. Halaciuga, D.V. Goia and E. Matijević: Distribution of Density in Spherical Colloidal Particles by Transmission Electron Microscopy. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physiochemical and Engineering Aspects, 354, 16-21, (2010).
V. Meled, S.V. Babu and E. Matijević: Chemical Mechanical Polishing of Methyl Silsequioxane (MSQ), J. Electrochem Soc., 156 (6), H460-H465, (2009).
I. Sevonkaev and E. Matijević: Formation of Magnesium Fluoride Particles of Different Morphologies, Langmuir, 25, 10534-10539, (2009).
Y. Hattori and E. Matijević: Gelatin Induced Reduction of Uniform Nanoplatelets of Ni(OH)2 to Ni Metal, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 335, 50-53, (2009).
B. J. Morrow, E. Matijević, and D.V. Goia: Preparation and Stabilization of Monodispersed Colloidal Gold by Reduction with Aminodextran, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 335, 62-69, (2009).
I. Sevonkaev, D.V. Goia and E. Matijević: Formation and Structure of Cubic Particles of Sodium Magnesium Fluoride (Neighborite), J. Colloid Interface Sci., 317, 130-136, (2008).
E. Matijević and D.V. Goia: Mechanisms of the Formation of Uniform Colloid Particles, Croat. Chem. Acta., 80, 485-491, (2007).
V. Uskoković and E. Matijević: Uniform Particles of pure and silica-coated Cholesterol. J. Colloid Interface Sci., 315, 500-511, (2007).
O. Siiman, A. Jitianu, M. Bele, P. Grom and E. Matijević: Amplified Light Scattering and Emission of Silver and Silver Core-Silica Shell Particles J. Colloid Interface Sci., 309, 8-20, (2007).
E. Matijević: Nanosize Precursors as Building Blocks for Monodispersed Colloids. Colloid Journal, 69, 29-38, (2007).
Selected Plenary and Keynote Lectures
2009 14th International Symposium on Field and Flow Based Separators, Patras, Greece
2006 13th International Conference on Surface Forces, Moscow, Russia
2005 International Symposium "Natural Sciences in Contemporary Society" , Ljubljana, Slovenia
2004 ICOSECS 4 Meeting, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
2004 The 13th Ostwald Collogium, Germany Colloid Society, Ludwigshafen, Germany
2003 The First Symposium on Nanoparticulate Materials and Components, Ansan, Korea
2003 91st National Korean Chemical Society, Pusan, Korea
2003 11th Conference of the Internat. Assoc. of Colloid and Interface Sci, (IAC Lecture), Iguassu Falls, Brazil
2003 203rd Electrochemical Society Meeting, Paris, France
2002 55th Annual Meeting of the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry, Japan Chemical Society, Sendai, Japan
2001 12th Argentinian Congress of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry, San Martin de los Andes, Argentina
Students and Associates
50 PhD Students
46 Ms Students
130 Research Associates and Visiting Scholars