Histology Equipment & Facilities
- Cryostat – preparation of frozen tissue sections
- Sorval Ultramicrotome – preparation of thin sections for electron microscopy
- LKB Knife Maker – preparation of glass knives for cutting thin sections
- Reichert Microtome – preparation of thick tissue sections for light microscopy
- Tissue Tek Staining Station – staining of tissue sections for light microscopy
- Tissue Tek Paraffin Dispenser – embedding of cell and tissue samples for histological analysis
"My Clarkson background, particularly the required senior research project, fostered my interest in research and resulted in my transition to graduate work. The close personal interaction with Clarkson faculty left a lasting impression."
— Peter Takes '79, Ph.D., RAC, is Senior Director of Clinical and Healthcare Compliance and Clinical Compliance Officer at Stereotaxis, Inc. which manufactures devices for minimally invasive cardiological and neurological surgery.