Transfer Admission Requirements
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended (please include course descriptions if attending a college or university outside New York State)
- Dean of Students Recommendation Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement (optional)
- $50 application fee: The application fee is waived for all applicants who apply online or participate in an on- or off-campus interview with an admission representative.
- If you are applying with less than 24 hours of college credit, an official secondary school transcript and SAT or ACT score report are required.
- A personal statement is required for students applying to Pre-Physical Therapy.
Additional Requirements for International Transfer Students
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if English is not your first language. A TOEFL score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based and 80 Internet-based or an IELTS score of 6.5 is required for admission. If you have attended college for at least two years, and the courses were taught in English, the TOEFL requirement can be waived.
- Completed Certificate of Finance Form
A personal statement describing a special interest, experience or achievement that is important and meaningful to you.
Please request two letters of recommendation. One is required to be from your headmaster or your school counselor.
Freshman and freshman international applicants, your letter of recommendation should be submitted to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
PO Box 5605
Potsdam, NY 13699-5605
Office of Transfer Admission
PO Box 5610
Potsdam, NY 13699-5610